Why We Like The Network MIPS Helmet
We live for the all-day rides, carving our way up dramatic canyons, cruising through miles of wild vineyards, and along coastal highways — but admittedly, we’re not always so lucky to have the time. Often times we’re limited to our daily commute to get in the weekday miles, and crave equipment that is versatile enough to bounce back and forth from one to the other. Designers at Smith seem to have received our asks, and answered thoroughly with the Smith Network MIPS Helmet. All new for 2018, the Network Helmet finds an uncanny balance of style, versatility, and performance, packing in MIPS and Koroyd technology to protect, with modern design and ventilation to keep you looking, and feeling cool, whether on your commute or your all-day epic.
Smith’s Koroyd technology is found in the funny looking layer of honeycomb tubes that run beneath the outer shell and more traditional EPS foam throughout the helmet. It’s made of thousands of tiny, extruded co-polymer tubes that absorb impact but have a fenestrated surface that allows for a level of breathability impossible to achieve with solid EPS foam while absorbing a claimed 30% more energy. Plus, it’s pretty cool looking, especially in Smith’s mix of contrasting and complementary color schemes.
- Versatile cycling helmet that takes protection seriously
- Clean aesthetics turn heads on all-day epics
- Removable visor adds style and utility
- Koroyd technology adds extra protection with ventilation
- Reduce non-direct impacts with MIPS technology
- AirEvac system fights foggy lenses with air channels
- Pass-through channels store your frames securely when you stop for a coffee
- Shell Material: Aerocore technology featuring Koroyd
- Impact Foam: EPS
- Ventilation: 20 optimized vents
- Fit Adjustment: VaporFit
- Visor: removable
- Certifications: CPSC, CE EN 1078
- Claimed Weight: [medium] 10.6oz
- Manufacturer Warranty: lifetime
There are no reviews yet.